Using Trusts and LLCs for Asset Protection
At Turner Law, we use estate planning techniques to help our clients meet a number of financial goals, from sheltering income from taxation today, to minimizing the effect of estate taxes tomorrow, to protecting assets from potential malpractice and other types of litigation.
Attorney Robert Turner and our office staff represent a wide range of clients, including physicians, dentists, attorneys, engineers and other professionals and high-net worth individuals in Decatur, the greater Atlanta area and throughout Georgia.
Wealth Preservation Strategies
There are a number of ways to preserve your assets and protect the legacy that you have created for your family and charitable causes. Some basic approaches that may be appropriate for your estate plan include:
- Family limited partnerships and LLCs to hold property, expensive equipment and other assets so it can be insulated from lawsuits and attachments. Lawyer Robert Turner creates corporations for doctors and other professionals in Nevada, Alaska, South Dakota, Delaware and other states with favorable laws for corporations.
- Business succession planning to prepare for the next generation of ownership of your closely held business
- Domestic asset protection trusts to protect your assets from creditors, divorce and bankruptcy
- IRA stretch accounts and trusts to minimize the tax impact of distributions from before-tax savings accounts
- Irrevocable life insurance trusts (ILIT) to minimize or eliminate estate taxes
- Charitable trusts to support the causes that are important to you
With an MBA and a LL.M in taxation in addition to a law degree, attorney Robert Turner has the technical background to use sophisticated asset-protection and tax-planning techniques to protect your important assets.
Contact Us for a Free Initial Phone Consultation
For competent handling of your asset protection needs, call lawyer Robert Turner at phone number(866) 768-5365 or fill out the contact form on this Web site. Our law office is located in historic downtown Decatur, Georgia, just off Decatur Square.